Passenger lifts, industrial lifts
Passenger and goods lift services
Passenger and goods lifts might seem like relatively modern contraptions, but apparently the first was built over 2,000 years ago, about 200BC.
ILS Lift Services isn’t as old — but we’ve been a London and home counties lift services and maintenance contractor since 1968.
We provide a good reliable straightforward service that’s right for the client’s. Our maintenance service is based on more than 40 years experience of many lift types and different manufacturers.
We are highly qualified with a wide range of technical and health and safety accreditations.
Our team of engineers, managers and support staff has remained consistent over the years, many of us long-serving members. We work well together.
We keep our clients’ needs first and foremost in our operational planning and response.
Product knowledge, technical training
The average lift has a life-span of 20 to 40 years. Perpetually evolving technology and component improvements renders many models obsolete.
We however believe in getting the most out of an installation, prolonging its life through rigorous servicing. This is why we work hard to maintain our thorough working knowledge of lift technology, components, and how wear and tear affects reliability and safety.
We keep up with advances and changes in technology, industry standards and safety issues and have all the necessary important accreditations as follows:
BS EN ISO 9001:2008 – including The Lift Directive Schedule 12
Safe4site – Gold accreditation for Health and Safety<
CHAS – (The Contractors Health & Safety Assessment Scheme)
Safecontractor – Health and Safety Accreditation certificate
We are particularly experienced in conducting
- Health and safety works required by insurance inspections
- SaFED supplementary tests on safety components
- BSN EN81-80 — 74–point lift safety audits
We have an ongoing training programme to ensure we are up-skilled in implementing method statements and risk assessments.
Area we cover
- Central London
- North London
- West London
- East London
- Greater London
- Potters Bar
- London Colney
- St Albans
- Hemel Hempstead
- Welwyn Garden City
We are mindful of our responsibility to reduce the impact of our activities on the environment. We do this by:
- minimising waste and evaluating our operations for efficiency
- minimising toxic emissions
- optimising efficient use of water and electricity
- sourcing products that minimise environmental impact
- meeting or exceeding where possible environmental legislation requirements
- staff training on environmental issues to improve ILS environmental performance and awareness
Health & Safety
Our processes and procedures are bound by the requirements of:
- The Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974 (HSWA)
- The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1992 (MHSWR)
- Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992 (WPR)
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- BS EN81 1998 + A3: 2009 : Safety Rules For The Construction & Installation of Lifts
- The Machinery Directive 2006